Wordle is a groovy place to create "word clouds." All you do is paste some text in the box, click "Go," and - voila! - Insta-Art.
Here's one my daughter created. Guess what she likes? We typed "meow" several times, earning points in font size.
Unfortunately, here's a list of a few things you can't do on Wordle. However, my positivity and just plain enjoyment of the site, give me enough oomph to overlook these points.
- You can't rearrange the words the way you want. You have to accept what the cloud gives you.
- You can't keep a group of words together unless they're hyphenated. For example, you can't type "No Dogs" and expect it to stay together.
- To customize color, you need to know the #0000000 code. Um...yeah...
- Saving images is a little tricky. Maybe there are smarter folks out there than me (undoubtedly), but to save an image, you must commit to publishing on the great WWW, then, since I'm a PC gal, I right-click and "Save image as" to pull it off the great WWW.
- To go back to your images in the gallery is like finding a needle in a haystack.
TIP: Save your creations with a unique creator name like Alpha Tuna Rocks. When you want to find your previously created Wordle images, simply make a new one and click on it (or your unique creator name) in the gallery and all of your images should come up.
ANOTHER TIP: Do not save your Wordle Art under the creator name "Anonymous."
There is an "Advanced" page to help with some of the aforementioned issues, unfortunately I'm not advanced enough to utilize it.
And best of all...it's FREEEEEE!