Thursday, October 3, 2013

I am an Author - with a capital A!

Okay, I'm ready to announce it.

Are you ready?

Here it is:

I am pleased to announce that my debut novel, Elevator Girl, will be published by indie publisher, Wise Ink Publishing, in spring 2014! Generally speaking, it's a romantic comedy, but I like to think of it as a chick flick in novel form - something a little meatier than chick lit, but a little lighter than women's fiction.



Not quite DIY self-publishing, not quite traditional publishing, indie publishing is the middle of the road - right where I like to be. It's the place where you get to work with professionals (Yay!) but have to pay for it yourself. (Oh, no!)

But I read APE, so I am ready to embrace it all. I am taking the leap from writer to Author - with a capital A!


This week I launched a fundraising campaign on Pubslush.com, a crowdfunding source like Kickstarter or Indiegogo, but exclusively for books. If you're not familiar with crowdfunding sites, they work kind of like a public radio fund drive. You make a donation and in return you receive a reward for your contribution. I have offered some reward levels on my Pubslush page, but am open to requests or suggestions if you are thinking about another dollar amount or would like a different reward. 

The publishing world is being turned on its head as we speak, making it an exciting time for writers to revolutionize the market by having more freedom and choice. This is why I chose indie publishing. I want to be a part of the revolution AND get the benefit of working with professionals so that I turn out a polished, professional - and most importantly - entertaining and enjoyable book!

I am asking YOU for your support in this THRILLING and EXCITING (ok, and a wee bit scary) endeavor!

Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment